Call for Exhibition Proposals in Contemporary Art
Deadline: April 10, 2016
We are pleased to announce an open call for curatorial proposals to our visiting curator program. We invite proposals by established curators, as well as curators in the early stages of their professional career for our 20172018 exhibition calendar to be shown in the New York area.
The program provides an opportunity for selected curators to bring their vision, concepts and ideas in contemporary art to new audiences, with the support and infrastructure of an established public art space. Our commitment to curators at all levels allows our institution to accept proposals from seasoned curators who are well established in their field, as well as curators seeking to develop one of their first major projects.
- A proposal (max. 1500 words) for a curatorial project, detailing the concept
- A checklist (preferably illustrated) of artists and works considered (exhibition space 1,400 sqft)
- A list and description of potential educational and public programmes to accompany the exhibition
- Curriculum Vitae with complete description of relevant experience
- Three letters of reference
The exhibition will be mounted within our standard exhibition budget, including customary guest curator fee.
Please send completed applications digitally to: firstname.lastname@example.org